ZIP Technologies is meticulous about the creation of a technological process and complete brewing systems in which each phase of brewing collaborates with the others, seamlessly producing great beer as a result.
All tanks for fermentation, post-fermentation, and storage of the beer boast the same quality characteristics in material and manufacturing procedures as the rest of our equipment.
A cylindroconical vessel with an arched head for fermentation and post-fermentation of beer.
• The tori-spherical head is made according to the DIN28011 standard allowing material to be thinned while maintaining its original pressure load resistance
• Conical bottom allows for better yeast collection
• Service manholes with thermal insulated cover ensure that whichever manhole placement is chosen, it is perfectly embedded into the body of the vessel, leaving no blind spots for jets of cleaning agents
• All vessels are made of austenitic stainless steel (U304/ 1.4301)
• The interior surface area of the vessel is etched and passivated with an average roughness of at least 1,0 µm
- Each tank is equipped with 2, 3 or 4 cooling jackets, with a separate cooling jacket for the conical part of the tank
- Cooling jackets are made with “pillowing” advanced technology, by means of plasma spot welding, ensuring the high-pressure resistance of the jacket with less material
Coating and thermal insulation
- For more efficient energy saving all vessels have 100 mm layer of polyurethane foam thermal insulation. As a result the coefficient of heat loss =24 mW/K
- Vessels are produced with stainless steel pressure casing created by automatic welding
• All pipes, branch pipes, and other accessories are produced according to standards DIN 11850-11852
• All the accessories are made of the austenitic stainless steel (U304/ 1.4301)
• Each tank is equipped with: pressure- and vacuum-relief valves, quality rabbet apparatus, and a stainless steel manometer
• Technological pipelines are produced using solid-drawn technology, which leaves no blind areas for cleaning solution
• Each tank is equipped with CIP washing head of the appropriate size and type
• Tanks are equipped with a number of thermal meters, which help to measure the beer temperature inside the tank
- Custom-made size of tanks (volume, diameter, height), taking into consideration location requirements
- Operating pressure: from 1,2 to 3 bar
- Location of service manholes: top, side, bottom
- Thermal insulating material: polyurethane foam, glass wool
- Thermal insulation of tank body: cone part + cylindrical body or cone + cylindrical body + top
- Surface finish of coating material: 2B etched, lightly polished of different roughness, polished or scale treated
- Number of thermodes (1,2,3)
- Type of manometer: membrane, standard
- Type of rabbet apparatus: with/without CO2 removal
- Level measuring: without level measuring, with the tube of measuring tank
- Type of CIP washing head: static, rotating
|Total volume:||130 liter|
|Total height:||~1500 mm|
|Outside diameter:||650 mm|
|Inside diameter:||500 mm|
|Test pressure:||4,3 bar|
|Work pressure:||3 bar|
|Weight (empty):||~75 kg|
|Tank construction material:||Wnr. 1.4301 (X5CrNi18-10)|
- Cylinder-conic tank (cone angle 70°), mounted on four legs, with an arched top (in compliance with DIN28011 standard).
- Produced by TIG welding technology.
- Raw materials supplied by Finnish manufacturers.
- All the fittings supplied by top quality European manufacturers (Kieselmann, Alfa Laval, Kunzmann&Hartmann).
- The inside surface is etched and passivated, the welding joints are polished to plane surface, roughness Ra<1,0 µm.
- Thermal insulation: 75 mm polyurethane foam.
- Cylinder-conic and top cover: fine-polished (K220) stainless steel Wnr. 1.4301 (X5CrNi18-10).
- Cooling surface of the cylinder part:0,4m2, of the cone part: 0,07m2.
- Thermal sensor branch pipe: 1 piece on the cylinder part.
- All pipes produced in compliance with DIN 11850.
- All accessories produced in compliance with DIN 11851-11852.
- Top service manhole with round out-opening door.
- Safety accessories: 1 piece rabbet apparatus (B&K Typ 900).
- Pressure measurement: manometer Ø63 mm. with a membrane
- Tank cleaning: CIP pipe DN20, coming down to the pipe servicing level, the pipe is attached to the tank body with clips. The top part of the pipe is plunged down inside the tank by the demountable connection, there is a CIP washing pipe (360°) on the plunged end on the key joint.
- There is a sampling manifold with butterfly valve DN20 on the cylinder surface of the tank at an accessible level.
- Beer outlet (inlet) and yeast taking (complete discharge) manifolds: both manifolds have butterfly valves (DN20), the manifolds are integrated into the bottom of the cone through the Holland connection DN65.